My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Journey to Officership: Week 6 | Section Drills


This week was a short one! Started off the week on a beautiful Wednesday.

It's a week whereby our physical limits were tested and pushed to the limits. I swear, I almost died from it. It's a totally new level of shag-ness with stores strapped onto your body walking long distances on rocky roads with steep up and down slopes.

This was also the moment where I realized my combat fitness is ZERO, literally. I was constantly grasping for more oxygen every step I took. I was so freaking close to falling out but of course, I didn't because of my friends who cheered each other on.

Yup, so with a unprepared state of mind and combat fitness, we completed a whole day of navigation walking for long distances for numerous hours. Although I disliked combat rations very much, I realized that I was left with pretty not much choice but to consume so as to survive and push on.

Other than navigation, we also had section fire movement drills. Communication was the key to success in every fight. It was extremely difficult to get everyone on the same page initially, however with more practices, we eventually formed a link within our section. Pretty glad that there was not much argument between section mates along the learning process.

With that, we are heading to Tekong for a 7D6N outfield next week!

- Tired, I need some good rest. Haha




No comments:

Post a Comment