My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Journey To Officership: Week 2 | The Initiation



Second week of confinement over in OCS and I'm already missing my loved ones, but at least my time is considered better to the three weeks confinement in the past.

We had 4km endurance run and the timing must be kept under 22 minutes. Through that run, I guess my fitness wasn’t there yet as I failed to meet the timing. Over in OCS, majority of the people can really run, and I mean for real. Their 2.4 km running timings were really fast, not forgetting to mention their endurance run as well. Gym orientation was also conducted for us. I must say that the gym facilities in OCS had so many more varieties for people to choose and work on their muscles.

Next up! It's time for my leadership field camp. Throughout the leadership camp, it was quite a pleasant experience! We played games which required team effort to accomplish it. As we did meet the timings and so we were granted the privilege to wash up before insertion into the woods for our solo night camping.

And once again, we had lessons and tests on Military law and navigation. I must say that the favourite part of the CLM term was navigation. Although the technical part of it was dry, but navigation is fun and a useful skill to acquire, I swear!  Very soon, I’ll be inserted into the forest for day and night solo navigation! :D

Yup, as the title speaks for itself! It's the moment where we had our initiation ceremony to receive our two white bars! Welcome to service term! Yup, more responsibilities would naturally come with the rank and seniority vested on our uniform. I'm looking forward to it! At this point of time, I'm already transferred to Bravo Wing. So, I'm a Bravo warrior now. :P

YES! The day where every cadet dreaded for after a good 15 days of confinement! Family day! :D We, cadets, were the tour guide for our loved ones on that day! I toured around with my loved ones and you know what's next? I'm out of the camp! Hahaha back to civilian life for 2 days!

- Happy week !

No comments:

Post a Comment