My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Journey To Officership: Week 1 | The Introduction



Hello people! It’s been awhile since I updated everyone what I’m up to! So right after the posting, I got into Officer Cadet School (OCS) and I felt that it will be worth penning down the memories along this journey of mine. Bear with me as I share all the NS related stuff. Hopefully, this can be a countdown timer to my commission! 

Got into Charlie Wing for my CLM term! Supposed to have an orientation run around SAFTI led by seniors from Delta Wing, however it was raining so we did not get to do so. We ended up learning more about the culture and history of OCS. On a lighter note, I miss my bed! As part of the orientation phase, we also had many lectures on safety, the do-s and don't-s in OCS, the appropriate haircut and so on. I really had difficulties trying not to fall asleep. :P

Subsequently, I also had my first IPPT in OCS that week. My results were 57 push-ups, 48 sit-ups and a timing of 11:06 for my 2.4 km run - it's rather bad. Oh well, that just meant that if I don't improve in my second IPPT, I'll face remedial training (RT) on Saturday. I have heard that it isn't a pleasant experience, they will really push you out of your physical limits.

We were also taught on chemical defence during wartimes. Yup, wearing those masks were part of the learning plan. I swear the mask was so so so uncomfortable for me, because if you can imagine now you're breathing through a confined hole provided by the mask..

Finally, it was time for us to do our 5M confidence jump followed by 265 steps stairway tower climb. I thought 5M confidence jump will be an easy one for myself because it didn't look so high to me. This is where shit gets real. As I arrived at the 5M platform jump, I was "WHATTTT". I swear it was damn high! I was like okay if I don't do it, I'll be screwed. So I just shouted what was required, "To lead, To excel, To overcome" and I took the leap of faith and leap off while closing my eyes. I swear the hanging time before you get in contact with the pool was awful. LOL. Somehow I felt that it was better not to close your eyes the next time round. Not to forget, the view from the tower was breathtaking! You can even see lights of changi airport if you're there in the early morning hours! 

- Not a too shag week

No comments:

Post a Comment