My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Journey To Officership: Week 4 | Sweat through discipline


Finally, it is almost a month into OCS.

We had a 5km endurance run and the timing was required to be under 26:10. I was praying so hard to myself that I have to do it under 26:10 because I wanted no more RT on Saturdays. Somehow, the constant reminder to myself about wanting no more RT fueled me to run non-stop! In the end, I made it with a timing of 24:51. I was also surprised how I managed to complete it with that timing. 

This week was also the learning of signals! I have learnt so much about the signal kits as well as on how to use it. It's damn heavy, I swear! Outfield is going to be a challenge to each and everyone's resilience and a test to our team spirit. 

This week was more chill than the others, as I was one of the selected few to rehearse for the change of command (COC) parade for the incoming and outgoing commander of OCS. Practicising under the hot sun for 15 hours is no easy feet. Furthermore, we were wearing ILBV and holding rifles all the time. Fortunately, we made it and we did a good one for the parade! Our peers whom were watching us also praised that we did well! I guess our efforts did paid off after all! 

We also had our lecture on M203 for next week's live firing and technical handling test! 

- Can be considered the rest week before the hell starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment