My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Journey To Officership: Week 5 | Demolitions, Weapons, and PT



This week was a mad rush!

It's a cycle of learning followed by tests one after another. The tempo was really fast. We had live firing on demolitions, M203 and matadors for this week!

Let's touch on the demolitions first! So it's just waiting for your turn in green uniform the entire afternoon. Door charges, cross charges, claymore and i-chain were the ones we had during our live firing. Only the selected few based on test results will be chosen to do Door charges, cross charges and claymore. Well, I wasn't selected for anything so I only got to do i-chain! Should have studied harder! Haha.

Moving on to the most anticipated and exciting part of the week, the live firing of M203 and matadors! I swear it was damn fun la. Pew --- shoooooo at a rate of infinity ---- boom ... BOOM!! Everything went smoothly and ended by early afternoon. Headed back to wing line for lunch!

IPPT test 3 was also held in this week! I'm happy that I made a big improvement!! I did a total of 60 push-ups, 53 sit-ups and gotten a timing of 10:23 for my 2.4 km run! Like finally!! I'm out of the RT zone!!! I"M SO HAPPY! Hahaha, I guess I will just have to keep fit on my own then!

There was also a 4 km fast march. It would only be so much more manageable if people at the front stayed compact at all times.. platoon 1 has a small gap, platoon 2 widens this gap, and platoon 3 runs up to close up the gap. This is a fast march and not a fast run!! Haha but anyway, good workout on my legs. It was burning after we completed the march.

- Here comes my 3 days rest! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment