My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Distant Stars Chapter Six: Capella's True Faith


With no other viable options, Capella heeded Arcturus's instructions and stepped out of the room to find the castle. To her bewilderment, she could not believe what was right before her eyes. It was a stairway made of crystal ice with the most intense blue colour that one can ever imagine. 
"Woah! It's so beautiful! I just can't believe it. I should have stepped out of the room earlier!" marveled Capella. "Helloooooooo, can anyone hear me?"
The only sound that Capella could hear was the wind flowing its way downward, which caused the air bubbles trapped inside the ice to be squeezed out and the size of the ice crystal to increase.
"Woah, okay, okay, is the ice even safe to step on? I don't want to fall" wondered Capella. "Maybe I should just return back into the room and wait for someone to save me. That is the most practical option I'm left with! There's even a bed for me to lie on."
Suddenly, the room behind Capella disappeared and a note read, " Capella, please proceed on ahead" appeared. 
"Eeek! What is this! Can anyone save me, I'm horrified!" squeaked Capella.
And a man dressed in a white tuxedo suit then called out to Capella and walked down the stairs. 
"Come, Capella, hold my hand and let's walk up the the ice stairway together. Don't worry, you will be fine" comforted the Prince as he held Capella's hands.
As the Prince and Capella walked up the ice stairways, the surroundings suddenly came alive! Out of nowhere, the birds were roaming through the clouds as their chirps rippled through the icy cool stairways. From those first few notes burst so many more, as if the birds have collectively been waiting for Capella and the Prince. Not only did the surroundings became alive, there were many more people walking down and standing along the stairways. 
"Don't you find this to be a sweet evening, Capella?" questioned the Prince.
"Yeah!! I love the atmosphere!! It's so romantic with the birds chirping and the light winds blowing at us." replied Capella.
Suddenly, a woman standing at the stairways, carrying a bunch of flowers called out to them.
"Excuse me, young gentleman, would you buy flowers for your beautiful companion?" asked the woman. 
"Sure, give me everything you have. I will buy it all from you." replied the Prince.
At this point in time, Capella blushed and was covertly smiling in her heart.
"Awww. You don't have to do that. That's very sweet of you." bubbled Capella. 
"These flowers should be the ones feeling honoured and thankful. They are being held by the prettiest woman in this universe." complimented the Prince.
"Thank you, hehe" cackled Capella. 
As they continued to walk on, there were many more people walking down the stairways. The prince pulled Capella closer to him as they braved through the crowds. At the end of the ice stairways, Capella finally saw the castle as instructed.
"Woah! The castle looks impressive too! I have to get going to there soon though!" mumbled Capella. 
"What, Capella? I am going to lose the prettiest girl in my life! Hahaha." joked the Prince. "Hmm, can I make a request that you do not go to the castle and accompany me? I will take good care of you for life!"
There was a brief moment of silence as Capella looked up the skies.
"The stars are shining so brightly... they are amazing..." exclaimed Capella. "I don't know why but I love the stars so much tonight and honestly, I like to play with the stars." 
"Hahaha, are you kidding me, Capella? You just dodged my question. Haha. Anyway, what sort of a comment is that? The stars are so high up and they look the same every night!" replied the Prince. "I can buy you an apartment high up and we can admire the stars together every night."
Then, Capella suddenly recalled Arcturus exact words to her, "You have to find your way to the Castle. Remember to use your heart to feel!"
"Thank you though!! That's really sweet of you and I got to admit that although the time spent with you is short but it is really fun! Hehe. But... I really have to get going this time." sobbed Capella. 
"Is that it, Capella? You really don't wish to consider once more?" questioned the Prince.
"Yes, I'm going." Capella reassured. 
All of a sudden, the Prince vanished into thin air and Arcturus's voice appeared.
"Capella, well done. Please make your way to the castle. There are more things awaiting for you" ordered Arcturus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment