My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Distant Stars Chapter Seven: When Our Journey Begins


Both Capella and Rigel are still clueless as to what awaits them. What lies ahead remains to be an unsolved mystery. But one thing for sure is that someone has been watching over each and every move taken by them. And that person is none other than Arcturus.
"I wonder what made Capella rejected the Prince. It is definitely unmistaken that the Prince has possessed qualities which Rigel genuinely lacked. In so many ways, I just cannot comprehend her decision." Arcturus opined. "Rigel will be so happy if he gets to know about this. Haha."
"Antares, ensure the gates are locked until you see Rigel and Capella are at the entrance together." ordered Arcturus.
Finally, Capella has reached the gates of the Castle.
"Yes, finally, this must be the Castle that Arcturus told me to find." smiled Capella. "Hello Arcturus! I am here already."
Suddenly, a solder-like figure was walking from the Castle towards the gates.
"You must be Capella, right? I've orders that I am not allowed to open the gates until the right conditions are met." Antares affirmed.
"If you refuse to let me in, where else can I go?! I'm so worn out from the happenings and the walk." Capella wept softly.
"I am sorry, Capella. But I will get you some water and food in the meantime. You can also enjoy the beauitful lights of our castle at the same time." comforted Antares.
"Fine...okay, thank you." replied Capella.
Meanwhile, Rigel continues to make his way to the castle but halfway through... 
"Woah, wait a moment, this building is so familiar!" Rigel exclaimed. "It looks exactly just like my secondary school!"
 "The lights are still on! I'm going to go in and find some friends for help." Rigel thought to himself.
Rigel walked into the school compound and roamed through the classrooms before reaching the classroom he last studied in. Along the way, he saw many familiar faces.
"Hey Lester! Hey Jenny! Hi Yiling! Hello! Hello...? Can you hear me?" Rigel babbled. "Okay, it seems that I can hear them but they can't hear me at all. I must still be stuck inside Arcturus' space.
It was at this moment where Rigel saw the younger version of himself.
"It's myself... oh wait, I seem to be writing down something on the notebook." said Rigel.
"Hi Capella, I am your secret admirer. If you wish to find out who I am... I will be waiting for you outside classroom 4-11 during recess later on." Rigel read the notebook.
"Wow, I cannot believe that I used such an unromantic and creepy way to confess my feelings. Haha. I got to see how Capella looks like!" Rigel exclaimed.
While waiting for Capella to appear, Rigel looked up the skies and realized that it was still night time. 
"Ah! I think I understood what's all these about. I am essentially walking through a part of my memories! Just that I don't recall having gone through these moments. Then, again, why these moments though?" wondered Rigel.
Suddenly, the young Rigel froze in anxiety when he saw Capella walking towards him from a distance. Not long later, Rigel's eyes also became watery.
"Arcturus, I get it. I remember everything now." murmured Rigel. "And if you hear me, I am not ready to go to the Castle yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment