My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hiatus is over


Hello everyone! I'm back. :)

This year, 2018, marks the fifth year of blogging. I remembered that I wanted to start a blog due to pragmatic reasons: to improve my writing skills and to connect with past and present friends. While I understand that there are many social platforms to share our lives today, I have decided to stick to the traditional way of penning down my thoughts on my life this year. To my friends, I understand that my blog gets rather dry and amateurish since I am neither a professional writer nor graphic designer. So I thank you for your support and patience with me over the past few years. It has certainly been a bittersweet journey for me. Since I get variegated responses from all of you: in terms of post views, comments, and likes, whenever I attempted new ways of presenting my thoughts. Take, for example, I have tried different styles of writing, the attempt of GIFs, and many different genres to reach out to you all. 

I got to admit that not every attempt was well-received and/or encouraging for me at times. But I do believe that every cloud has a silver lining, and I hope that I have not remained stagnated, but rather, improved from where I began five years ago.

These days, I would still browse through my old posts. And I smiled to myself and said, "Wow, just, wow, I have written these things". To me, it was just like a memory lane for me as I looked back on my thought processes, on what I cherished and so on. But I always tell myself, "Memories are not supposed to hold you back; they are supposed to shape you to become a better and stronger person"

To mark the fifth year of my blog site, I will be releasing the viewerships for my top 10 blog posts throughout these years:

Thank you for the support all these years. I will work on producing better articles to make our community a better place for all. I have a few ideas which I hope to discuss in the year 2018 as well. Do watch out for them. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment