My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Friday, March 28, 2014

7 things I've learn from being a kid.

I believe there is always something for us to value or learn in every phase of our lives. Undeniably, as kids whom are always only seeking for fun, joy & enjoyment - what could we have really learnt? We did not have any big worries in us except for the small & important ones like who was going to buy my toys, my games, my favourite food, when do I complete my homework & where are my parents. Those moments of our lives were indeed happy & carefree.

Today, as I looked back what could I have learnt from being a kid - 7 things surfaced upon my mind.


1. How to not confess my love through telephone calls.


This is one thing that everyone should not do. It could make you seem really creepy or seen as a guy with no sincerity at all. Make sure you confess face-to-face using the most sincere efforts you got. Now, this is what happened. There was this girl whom I crushed on for a year, so I had no guts to tell her face-to-face, because back then - I had the tendency to run away after confessing my feelings. (I know I behave like a girl, lol) So, I telephoned her using my house phone to confess my feelings. The very next thing I could hear was too-too-too-too - she decided to hang up on me. Things were always awkward since then. 



2. How to get comfort & attention from my parents when I am angry.

This worked for me. I learnt that whenever I feel that my parents were a little unfair towards me. I would run to one corner of my room and sit down for ages just to get their comfort & attention. Usually, my dad would come comforting me & bring me out. I don't know what methods you guys have tried, but it worked for me pretty well when I was a kid. Now, as I think back - I have no comments for what I have did. Lol. 




3. Learnt to cheat smartly even if its a mini competition.

There was this day where me and my brother were competing against each other on who could finish eating the bread first. I accepted the challenge. We were standing near to the windows when we were challenging each other. So just when my brother was not looking at me, I threw the bread out of the window & shouted, " I WON!!" Guessed what happened next? 
My brother realized my mouth was not chewing anything and it was only a few seconds after the challenge started. I received an all well-deserved scolding from my parents. The moral of the story is to cheat smartly. 



4. To prevent my parents from scolding me any further, I pretend to sleep. 

You always disliked & hated your parents scolding you when you're a kid. Even now, you hate it too. So, whenever my parents start scolding me. I would just lie down & close my eyes & not move my body. I was hoping that they would assume that I am already asleep. That worked for me. But again, they were not that stupid to figure out I am faking because who could sleep with all the noises around you. However, to my surprise, they stopped scolding. Here comes the twist - the moment I stopped faking or am awake, I am being scolded for the same thing again. It's like a continuation from their break. That's my parents! But I love them. 


Baby pretending to sleep, priceless smile afterwards


5. Learnt how to compete fairly for my childhood love.

I had this crush on a girl during my kindergarten years. Yes, I know it is a little too early for someone to feel love. Anyway, that happened. So I was trying to woo this girl using what I know & learnt from the drama I have watched. Suddenly, there came another guy who loved her too. So I spoke to that guy and guess what happened next? We drafted and discussed a solution out. The solution was for this girl to take turns to partner one of us during queuing, i.e. going for recess or excursions. The girl agreed to it. YAY.



6. Learnt that connections were important.

I felt that I needed to get all of my friends contact numbers when I was a kid. As I watched how some bullies in schools had many friends following behind them. And they could do things easily. That was when I felt connections were important. But of course, I did not use it for the same purpose as the bullies. Instead, I only used it for asking help: "What is the homework ah?, Can you help me to solve this ah?"

7. Never enter any classrooms when lights are turned off.

One fine day, I was walking from my classroom to the toilet. I was imagining myself to be one of the cartoon character. If I remembered correctly, it was totally spies. I imagined myself to be in a mission so I had to walk stealthily. This was where everything went wrong. I walked into a dark classroom so as to walk stealthily, however, a teacher saw me doing it. She came in and questioned me. I was so young and afraid to lie anything. So I replied: "I was playing inside." That reply earned me my first school disciplinary case of my life. 


Since then, spies were out of my life.




Okay! That's all I would like to share. Of course, I have learnt more than 7 things from being a kid. But I could only remember these 7 things vividly as I felt it was too embarrassing and silly. I wouldn't mind you laughing at me now. I just hope that you had a good read about my life as a kid. Personally, I find it quite happening for me. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment