My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Journey To Officership: Week 9 | The Monster Gun (MG)



Finally! Have the time to update everyone again! 

Hmm! Week 9 of 38 already but it still seems so long! Hahaha. Let's go! I'm gonna fill you all up with what has happened this week!

The Monster Gun is indeed a powerful one. Just by the weapon's weight, appearance and complexity are sufficient to allow one to understand why is it a monster.

So what is this Monster Gun (MG) ? It is no other than the general purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) used in war to assault at least a platoon's worth of enemies. I was learning on this weapon's characteristics and handling throughout the entire week. 

Right after we have learnt about the gun, we moved on to Exercise Cougar (Section and GPMG Live firing) on Friday! Yup, it's live rounds. No longer blank rounds. Everyone was worried about their safety but SAF would always ensure that it's totally safe, otherwise I would not be here updating you all. Hahaha. I can't really reveal much but hmm, the experience was LOUD and THRILLING. It's once in a life time experience and I was taken aback by the impacts! Benefited quite much from the live firing. 

Ah yeah, almost forgotten! We also had a 9 km route march this week! Still quite manageable but I feel that 16 km will be the real deal for myself. 

Yeap, book out on a Saturday afternoon before hell comes next week.

SCORPION KING

- Quite a boring and exhausting week ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment