My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Journey To Officership: Week 11 & 12 | Social Night

Taken on 23/12/15 BRAVO Social Night

Bravo Platoon 2 on the stage


Hey ya everyone! I'm so delighted to write up this blog post because it's something less dry and much more fun in it! I thank my readers for putting up with me on the less interesting contents over the past 10 weeks! As the saying goes, "After the bitter comes the sweet". You have finally reached the sweet part of my OCS journey! Applause! Hahaha

It's one event that every cadet looks forward to. A night where every cadet is caught beaming with excitement, happiness and pride. Simply because we have fought so hard over the past 10 weeks for this night! It's a great blessing for being able to bring either one of your closest friend or loved ones to witness this milestone of your journey. We're sincerely thankful for the opportunity. Therefore, I would like to take this chance to thank my dear, Kit, for making my social night a memorable and meaningful one!

Date: 23/12/2015
Venue: Officer Cadets' Mess
Time: 1830 hrs - 2230 hrs
Dress Code: No. 2

So what was my preparation for this social night? Here it is!

Booked out at approximately 1200 hrs and got a lift to Bukit Panjang to purchase flowers for the night! Believe me, I was contemplating so hard on how many roses to get: nine or twelve. After much hesitation and persuasion by the auntie, I went with nine roses. As the chinese saying goes, “长长久久“, henceforth I wish that everything will last for a long long time. Not really a superstitious guy over here, however since social night is a meaningful night for everyone, so why not give something that holds a meaningful message behind it? Hahaha. 

Thereafter, reached my girlfriend's house via a cab at around 1400 hrs but was an hour late. Opps! We had spent quite some time purchasing our flowers as the auntie was already busy with other orders and initially, she was also hesitant to take our orders. Nonetheless, she decided to help us! :D It's all our fault for being late due to the poor planning. :P Had lunch with her family and started the preparation from 1500 hrs to 1730 hrs. It's a mad rush, I swear! My dad then fetched me and my girlfriend to SAFTI for the social night! 

Okay, I know perhaps it's a boring preparation up there. HAHAHA

Maybe I should just let pictures to express the joy and excitement filled within the social night itself! 

My Wonderful Section! 
2nd from the bottom left (Section Instructor)

Section Swag Shot!

She gave me flowers! 

My dearest! 


Special thanks to my friend, Mike, for the photo booth! It was amazing!


Okay this is all! I thought I have taken quite a few photos last night but it turned out otherwise. :P On top of just socializing, there was also programmes such as magic shows, platoon performances and games! In essence, it's just a night specially set for us to commemorate our hard work! Thankful for everyone in my platoon! Let's advance into Professional term together! 

- Wonderful memories created

No comments:

Post a Comment